Hello NCFWC families,
I thought you'd want to know that this Sunday is Family Sunday, a time for the whole family to experience church service together. I hope you'll take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to experience the inter-generational worship with your children.
As always, we will be providing ministry and care for the children ages birth through 3 years old. An Activity Sheet will be available for children ages 4 through 5th grade as they enter the auditorium.
I do want to encourage you to put some thought into helping your children get the most out of this unique experience. Here are a few suggestions.
BEFORE THE SERVICE
• On Saturday find a few minutes to discuss some of these questions:
• What is church?
• Why is church a big deal?
• Why does our family go to church every week?
• What do you like about our church?
• What is something that you don't like about our church?
• What is something you don't understand about what's happening during the service?
• Explain what going to church means personally to you. You might also want to share some of the church going experiences from your own childhood.
• Train your children how to fight distractions and stay focused during the time of worship.
• Ask them why they think we sing songs in church. Encourage them to think about the words on the screen and put their whole being into singing.
• Explain that while in church we worship God with our lips (singing), ears (listening), hands (giving).
• Compare listening to a sermon to a treasure hunt. Teach them how to look for the gems of truth.
• If your child likes to write, teach them how to take notes and how to look for truths that apply to their lives.
• Encourage them to bring their own Bible and follow along with the sermon.
DURING THE SERVICE
• Lead by example: listen and worship with your whole being. Your children WILL be watching you.
AFTER THE SERVICE
• After the service, give each family member a chance to share how they feel God spoke to them personally during the service and what is one thing they can start putting into practice immediately.
We hope that you can find fulfillment and excitement each and every time we gather! We want to Equip each and every family with the tools necessary to grow and build and come to church and experience all that God has to offer!
-FamIly Worship Center Team